A lot of people coming to New York want to know the city’s nightlife. After all, they say New York is the city that never sleeps, right? Here on the blog, we already have some posts on the nightlife theme and the posts provide great tips for those who are just visiting passing through and for those who live in the city:
- NIGHTLIFE IN NEW YORK CITY: ESSENTIAL INFORMATION AND NIGHTCLUBS SUGGESTIONS
- NIGHTLIFE GUIDE IN NEW YORK CITY – BROOKLYN EDITION!
- GAY BARS AND DANCE CLUBS IN NEW YORK CITY
Some months ago, I had the pleasure to meet Patrick Greene, a promoter here in New York City. Patrick has been promoting parties in the city since 2014. Each week he has between 19-25 events ranging from pool parties, brunches, rooftops, lounges, typical NY clubs and boat parties. If you are in New York City, I recommend getting in touch and he has kindly offered to take care of any of my followers. Just make sure to mention my name when you hit him up on his Instagram – and you should also check his Youtube channel to get to know some of the parties!
- For bachelorettes – its always nice to be on a rooftop at night time. PHD Downtown, Magic Hour and Crown Rooftop are all ideal for these type of nights. PHD Downtown is busy 6 nights a week from 11 pm onwards and table prices start from $500 – $3k minimum spending. Guest-list entry is also available certain nights through Patrick – Mon, Weds, Fri and Sat for the Sunset Party. Patrick also recommends a dinner in the restaurant close by to PHD called Bodega Negra or Tao Downtown followed by PHD Rooftop upstairs. As a nice add on there is a limo ride with champagne around the city for 45 mins. Nothing like rocking up to the club in a limo proper NYC style.
- Where to party on a Saturday in NYC -Patrick suggested the ideal venues and most popular parties to check out on Saturdays. For bachelorettes, its always nice to have a fun brunch – that’s what the burlesque brunch at Toro Loco is very suitable and is very nicely priced at $50 per person. Other higher-end brunch parties such as Lavo and Bagatelle are also ideal venues for a Saturday brunch party, however, tables here start from $1200 minimum spends. Then after that, you go to the famous Sunset Party in PHD Rooftop and then end the night in Marquee.
- For enjoying summer in the city – Summer is probably the busiest party season! During this time, there are two other amazing events on Saturday. One is a rooftop pool party at The Profundo Day Club and the other is the sunset booze cruise around NYC for $25 per person. This takes place from 6pm – 10pm and you take in the sights of The Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge and the NYC Skyline while dancing the night on the dance floor.
- Best spots/parties/clubs for singles – Patrick recommends Marquee, Lavo, PHD, Avenue and bars like Tanner Smiths, The JACKDAW and Pheobes.
- Best spots/parties/clubs for couples – 230 Fifth rooftop, PHD Downtown, The Bakkaret, Mr Purple and The Jane.
- If you love electronic music – Lavo, Marquee and The Brooklyn Mirage, are, according to Patrick, the best spots.
- If you want another rooftop party: Sunday Bubbles, a party at Magic Hour rooftop.
If you are interested in joining one of these parties/events/clubs, contact Patrick on his Instagram – and you should also check his Youtube channel to get to know some of the parties! Just make sure to mention my name when you talk to him!
Laura Peruchi is a Brazilian blogger, author, and entrepreneur. She has lived in Manhattan with her husband since 2014. Since then, she has shared on her blog varied content about the Big Apple. From travel tips, including unusual things to do, shopping tips, etiquette, restaurants, and a lot more, her blog has become a reference in Portuguese (also available in English) for anyone planning a trip to New York City.